Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's not that bad

Maybe it was the cigarette I smoked with Gregory Scofield, or the proposition I received from Jon Paul Fiorentino, or the time I met George Elliot Clarke, but I rather liked my first Thin Air experience. Maybe it's the cheese. Or maybe I am brainwashed. But for whatever reason, here I am again.

Psychotropic drugs or no psychotropic drugs, I'll be there. Watching, listening, wondering, photographing, drifting, blogging. And ignoring my (formal) education for a few days.

So you may see me at the library for the nooners, or you may see me in the audience at the mainstage or more likely lurking in the shadows by the wine and cheese bar, or you may see me downtown at the university taking in the events there, but you won't see me at opening night. I'll leave that one for Jason to battle on his own.

And you know, he could be right, I may very well be brainwashed, or better yet drugged. But who knows? He is, after all, only the second best poet to come out of Hastings Junior High.

****

Brandon James Bertram is a perpetual student. When he's not at the university you might find him going casually about his business in his West Broadway apartment or spending his leftover student loans on beer at Cousins. He sometimes reviews music for the Uniter and his poetry has been published in Rhubarb magazine. He might graduate with a bachelor's degree next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment