Monday, September 20, 2010

Surroundings #1

I met 62 year-old Beau Daniels outside the library before Joan Thomas' nooner. He writes songs and plays guitar. He kindly spoke with me for a few minutes and gave me some valuable advice about the future. About not putting all my eggs in one basket, and not missing the boat. He likes to read mystery and crime fiction. He may have read something about Thin Air but has never attended the festival. I hope to meet more interesting people in the places surrounding the festival as the week goes by.

*****

Brandon James Bertram is a perpetual student. When he's not at the university you might find him going casually about his business in his West Broadway apartment or spending his leftover student loans on beer at Cousins. He sometimes reviews music for the Uniter and his poetry has been published in Rhubarb magazine. He might graduate with a bachelor's degree next year.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

No comments:

Post a Comment