Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monday Night Pics...


My Mom, Dorothy, picked up a copy of Theodore Fontaine's Broken Circle: The Dark Legacy of Indian Residential Schools.

She was in town with my Dad, Paul, for a week. My Mom loves northern Manitoba and lived in three different communities there, God's Lake Narrows, St. Teresa's Point and Garden Hill, where she taught early years school children. My Mom also has much better style than I do.


Carolyn Smart's Hooked chillin with smart red couch;
"Life is murder. Art is worse."
Carolyn is a great reader, very expressive.


I like Eva Wiseman and would like to have coffee with her.
I like her hair and her jacket. Vibrant.


Audience member Leanne Fournier buying a copy of Eva's book Puppet for her daughter, Angela. Leanne, I like your scarf and your smile. Angela, be good to your Mom.

**
Stacy drove to Winnipeg in two days and five hours from Clydesdale, Nova Scotia. She only planned to stay for a year, but it has been four already, because this city keeps you, holds you. Though she works at a corporate publishing company, she has learned about writing, art, urban living, praying mantis kung fu, cycling, goddesses, and the middle while here. She hopes to figure something out about preserving, wool, gentleness, Mandarin, and movement. And, always, poetry. For the duration. Email Stacy at anastasie.doiron@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment